Coming up: Street Games 2011
NEW YORK -- The New York City Department of Parks & Recreation and The Walt Disney Company invite you take a step back into a simpler time on Saturday, May 7, at the 4th annual Street Games at Thomas Jefferson Park in Harlem.
At this free event, which will take place from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., participants will be able to join in the fun of classic street games and activities that hearken back to the '60s and '70s such as pogo sticks, hula hoops, yo-yos, stickball, paddle ball, hippity hop, Double Dutch jump roping and skateboarding clinics.
It won't be hard to feel part of a time warp once guests listen to classic Motown, rock 'n' roll and soul songs playing throughout the day. They will serve as inspiration for various music and dance performances.
For photos and videos from past Street Games, click here.
The New York Knicks Groove Truck, loaded with team gear and other fun activities, is schedule to make a stop as well. Extra attractions to this year's lineup include clinics on soccer, Sky Bounce handball and learning to ride a bike (participants must provide their own bikes).
In addition, patrons will be able to swing by the Community and Healthy Zone, which will feature information on area non-profit organizations and what related services are available to them.
The park is located at 114th Street and First Avenue in Manhattan.
To become involved with the Street Games or other Parks-produced events, contact Christine Thelmo Dabrow at (212) 360-8144 or send an e-mail to email@example.com.
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- weather: AccuTrack Interactive Radar
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Driver arrested after teens get drunk, trash party bus
- Photos: Teenagers trash party bus
- Photos released of man wanted for harassing teen Muslim girl
- NYPD to end Muslim surveillance program
- MLB marks 67th anniversary of Jackie Robinson debut
- Miley Cyrus skips concert, is hospitalized
- Boston marks 1 year since deadly Marathon bombings
- Dog saved from burning home in Brooklyn by FDNY
- 13-year-old bystander shot in head in Brooklyn
- Baby found in Victoria's Secret bag died of asphyxia
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos