Job Readiness and Career Fair in the Bronx
NEW YORK -- Few parts of the ABC7 viewing area have been hit harder by the recession than the Bronx. Its 11.7-percent unemployment state remains the highest in New York State.
The Services for the UnderServed and the Health & Human Services Committee of Community Board No. 5 hope to improve those numbers, though, with their Job Readiness and Career Fair on Tuesday.
Taking place from 1 to 7 p.m. at the St. Francis of Church Community Center in the Bronx, the fair's primary goal will be to help job seekers prepare for their job searches and to offer them tips on how to best present themselves during a job interview.
The fair will look to help provide resources mainly to those who are borough residents who have not attended college, have dropped out of high school and may not possess a GED. Many of those seeking jobs have been displaced from their productive careers through downsizing and layoffs.
The community center is located at 1544 Shakespeare Avenue (Featherbed Lane).
- Secret Service investigating Target data breach
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx
- U.S. Attorney defends arrest of Indian diplomat
- Murder-suicide shooting at NJ nail salon
- Next City Council Speaker likely Melissa Mark-Viverito
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- O' Christmas tree, you're alive?! Student scares school
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos