Job Readiness and Career Fair in the Bronx
NEW YORK -- Few parts of the ABC7 viewing area have been hit harder by the recession than the Bronx. Its 11.7-percent unemployment state remains the highest in New York State.
The Services for the UnderServed and the Health & Human Services Committee of Community Board No. 5 hope to improve those numbers, though, with their Job Readiness and Career Fair on Tuesday.
Taking place from 1 to 7 p.m. at the St. Francis of Church Community Center in the Bronx, the fair's primary goal will be to help job seekers prepare for their job searches and to offer them tips on how to best present themselves during a job interview.
The fair will look to help provide resources mainly to those who are borough residents who have not attended college, have dropped out of high school and may not possess a GED. Many of those seeking jobs have been displaced from their productive careers through downsizing and layoffs.
The community center is located at 1544 Shakespeare Avenue (Featherbed Lane).
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time 42 min ago
- AccuWeather: March roller coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police search for missing 11-year-old Brooklyn boy 53 min ago
- 4-year closure of Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp begins
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew on stolen passports
- UWS street to be renamed after 4-year-old Ariel Russo 41 min ago
- Success Academy parents to sue in charter school fight 3 min ago
- Man arrested for stealing money from donation box
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage horse debate
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos