Coming up: Junior Achievement of New York Golf Classic
NEW YORK -- What could be better than playing golf on a Monday for a good cause?
Those who participate in the Junior Achivement of New York Golf Classic will have the chance to do just that at the Weschester Country Club in Rye, N.Y.
On Monday, June 20, join New York City's and Long Island's top business professionals for a day of networking, fine dining, relaxtion, fun and some serious course time -- all while raising money to support the economic education of New York City and Long Island students.
Registration will take place from 7:30 a.m. to noon. A women's golf clinic, presented by American Express, will run from 8:30 a.m. to 10 a.m., while a beginner clinic takes place during the same time. An intermediate/advanced clinic will run from 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Following brunch, which will be served from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., golfers will participate in a shotgun start from 12:30 p.m. to 5 p.m. The day will conclude with a cocktail reception, presented by PricewaterhouseCoopers, from 5-6 p.m. and a dinner, presented by US Bank, from 6-8 p.m.
The event is a full handicapped shamble tournament. Unless a golfer has a registered USGA handicap, the maximum handicap allowed is 24 for men and 30 for women. Prizes will be awarded to team low net, team low gross (1st, 2nd and 3rd places), closest to the pin, men and women and longest drive, men and women.
Proper golfing attire is required. All sports shirts must have collars, and non-metal golf shoes must be worn. Shorts on any player must be at least Bermuda length. Cargo shorts and Denim in any form are not permitted. Golfing attire is acceptable during the reception and awards program.
In the event of event of poor weather, the outing will continue as scheduled unless the course is determined to be unplayable by the Golf and Grounds Superintendent. Foursomes will be notified if play is cancelled.
To pre-register a foursome, call Dan Langley at (212) 907-0039 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. For general information, call (212) 949-JANY.
- Designer L'Wren Scott dead in apparent suicide
- AccuWeather: Clearing And Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Company insider comes forward against energy company
- Photos: NYC St. Patrick's Day Parade
- St. Pat's parade proceeds amid tension over gays 50 min ago
- Suspect accused of setting Brooklyn apartment fire 38 min ago
- Rubble cleared, East Harlem blast investigation ramps up 51 min ago
- First lawsuit filed in East Harlem explosion 58 min ago
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Earthquake shakes Los Angeles awake
- Tuesday last day to apply for TCS NYC Marathon
- Photos: Dancing With The Stars Season 18 cast
- St. Pat's parade proceeds amid tension over...
50 min ago
- Rubble cleared, East Harlem blast...
51 min ago