Back To School Health and Safety Fair
JERSEY CITY, N.J. -- One local organization is making the adjustment to the new school year a little easier.
The Rho Kappa Omega chapter of the Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc., will host its "Back To School Health and Safety Fair" on Saturday, August 27, 2011 from 10:00am to 12:30pm. This event is open to the public and will take place at the Mary McLeod Bethune Life Center in Jersey City, located at 140 Martin Luther King, Jr. Drive.
Guests will enjoy a morning filled with health screenings, line dancing, an asthma and allergy presentation, and community safety information. NJ Kid Care applications, free backpacks and school supplies will be distributed (while supplies last). Refreshments will be served. For more information, visit this page.
The event is being co-sponsored by the Nu Lambda Chapter of Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc., the Jersey City Alumni Chapter of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc., the Tau Chi Chapter of Chi Eta Phi Sorority, Inc., HealthFirst NJ and Jersey City Medical Center.
The Rho Kappa Omega Chapter was chartered in 1988 as a vehicle to fulfill the purposes and ideals of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. (the oldest Greek-lettered, African-American sorority). Since its inception, the chapter has organized and implemented various programs and activities that focus on the contemporary needs of the Hudson County community. To obtain more information about the chapter, visit www.akarhokappaomega.org.
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Car dealer charged after selling Sandy-damaged vehicles
- NJ Transit train disabled inside Hudson River tunnel
- Surveillance released in shooting of 9-year-old boy
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx
- Prosecutors likely to reduce charges in SUV assault
- Video: Two US astronauts set to spacewalk to fix ISS
- GWB repair work this weekend
- Father in Army reunites with son in kindergarten class
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos