Back To School Health and Safety Fair
JERSEY CITY, N.J. -- One local organization is making the adjustment to the new school year a little easier.
The Rho Kappa Omega chapter of the Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc., will host its "Back To School Health and Safety Fair" on Saturday, August 27, 2011 from 10:00am to 12:30pm. This event is open to the public and will take place at the Mary McLeod Bethune Life Center in Jersey City, located at 140 Martin Luther King, Jr. Drive.
Guests will enjoy a morning filled with health screenings, line dancing, an asthma and allergy presentation, and community safety information. NJ Kid Care applications, free backpacks and school supplies will be distributed (while supplies last). Refreshments will be served. For more information, visit this page.
The event is being co-sponsored by the Nu Lambda Chapter of Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc., the Jersey City Alumni Chapter of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc., the Tau Chi Chapter of Chi Eta Phi Sorority, Inc., HealthFirst NJ and Jersey City Medical Center.
The Rho Kappa Omega Chapter was chartered in 1988 as a vehicle to fulfill the purposes and ideals of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. (the oldest Greek-lettered, African-American sorority). Since its inception, the chapter has organized and implemented various programs and activities that focus on the contemporary needs of the Hudson County community. To obtain more information about the chapter, visit www.akarhokappaomega.org.
- 2 elderly residents hurt in Queens home invasion 4 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gusty Wind
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Camilla Parker Bowles' brother Mark Shand dies 11 min ago
- 'Bachelorette' Contestant dies in paragliding accident
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall 12 min ago
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ shopping center
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Abandoned dog rescued and saved by SPCA in Bronxville
- Long Island school bus driver accused of selling heroin
- Cubs celebrate 100th birthday of Wrigley Field
- Attempted luring incident reported in West Nyack
- FBI investigates hoax that sent SWAT teams to house 39 min ago
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
12 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos