Coming up: EAT NYC 2011, Oct. 24
NEW YORK -- Bring your curiosity -- and your appetite.
In honor of the inaugural National Food Day, an assortment of New York City-based organizations have teamed up for Eat NYC, an event taking place from 6:30-9:00pm on Oct. 24 at the Columbia Grammar and Preparatory School in Manhattan.
In what has been tabbed as a "a night of nibbling and mingling," the event will accentuate the importance of local, healthy and sustainable eating by featuring...
- Food tasting by some of the city's finest restaurants committed to local procurement and healthy fare.
- New York City-based organizations striving to improve food sytems and knowledge throughout the city.
- A keynote speech by chef Sandra Lee of The Food Network.
- Streaming episodes of "LUNCH NYC," a TV series exposing health concious individiuals, organizations and events in the city.
- Chances to win a free dinner for two at restaurants around the city.
- Victim in possible NYC 'knockout game' attack speaks out
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze to be laid to rest
- Demolition underway after NJ fire; Questions linger
- Photos: Jersey City row home fire
- Sketch released of suspect in Queens attempted luring
- Baby critical after DWI firefighter hits pregnant woman
- Man stiffs livery cab driver, punches him in the face
- Obama's warnings brushed aside by Russia's Vladimir Putin
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- $270 million up for grabs in Friday Mega Millions drawing
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos