Coming up: Dancing 101s at David Rubenstein Atrium
NEW YORK -- This June, sharpen your dancing skills at Lincoln Center... for free!
On the evenings of June 6th, 13th and 20th, you are invited to learn and how to swing dance and salsa before Midsummer Night Swing starts on June 26th by taking part in three "Dancing 101" sessions in cooperation with the Young Patrons of Lincoln Center at the David Rubenstein Atrium.
Each evening will begin at 7 p.m. with music spun by a top DJ, followed by a dance lesson from a noted professional instructor from 7:30-8:30 p.m. The dancing will not stop until 10 p.m., during which attendees will be offered cocktail specials and refreshments.
The lineup is as follows:
- Date: Wednesday, June 6; DJ: Dawn Hamption; Instructors: Evita Arce and Michael Jaggger teach lindy hop.
- Date: Wednesday, June 13; DJ: Ron McGugins; Instructor: Jimmy Anton teaches salsa.
- Date: Wednesday, June 20; DJ: George Gee; Instructor: Spencer Weisbond teaches lindy hop.
- Newtown 911 calls released
- AccuWeather Forecast: Mild Week
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Attorney: Train engineer was 'in a daze'
- Derailment survivor remembers sister who died
- Mayor-elect de Blasio names deputy mayor
- Police shoot and kill man with special needs
- Keri Russell's Brooklyn home burglarized
- abcnews: Truck Carrying Radioactive Material Stolen...
- Parents plead for help to save boys from rare disease
- Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash, autopsy finds
- Bad Dog: Sunny knocks over child at holiday party
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013