Coming up: Dancing 101s at David Rubenstein Atrium
NEW YORK -- This June, sharpen your dancing skills at Lincoln Center... for free!
On the evenings of June 6th, 13th and 20th, you are invited to learn and how to swing dance and salsa before Midsummer Night Swing starts on June 26th by taking part in three "Dancing 101" sessions in cooperation with the Young Patrons of Lincoln Center at the David Rubenstein Atrium.
Each evening will begin at 7 p.m. with music spun by a top DJ, followed by a dance lesson from a noted professional instructor from 7:30-8:30 p.m. The dancing will not stop until 10 p.m., during which attendees will be offered cocktail specials and refreshments.
The lineup is as follows:
- Date: Wednesday, June 6; DJ: Dawn Hamption; Instructors: Evita Arce and Michael Jaggger teach lindy hop.
- Date: Wednesday, June 13; DJ: Ron McGugins; Instructor: Jimmy Anton teaches salsa.
- Date: Wednesday, June 20; DJ: George Gee; Instructor: Spencer Weisbond teaches lindy hop.
- 3 hurt when I-5 bridge collapses into Washington river 32 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain continues
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Lingering flood waters create commuting headache 43 min ago
- Amanda Bynes arrested in Midtown, 15 min ago
- Man fatally stabbed during dispute in Chelsea 5 min ago
- Officer arrested in firebombing of captain's home
- Jury deadlocked on Jodi Arias penalty
- Anthony Weiner starts stumping in mayoral bid
- abcnews: Hurricane season could be 'extremely active' 29 min ago
- GMA's 2013 Summer Concert Series kicks off Friday 30 min ago
- Photos: Flash flooding in the New York area
- Photos: I-5 Skagit River Bridge collapse 32 min ago
- Lingering flood waters create commuting...
43 min ago