Event recap: GWB Challenge
FORT LEE, N.J. -- More than 4,000 participants took to the George Washington Bridge on June 10 to run, walk or bike across the famed structure during the recent GWB Challenge on the way to raising more than $200,000 for the American Cancer Society!
Although the event has concluded, the challenge to spread the word about cancer prevention never ends.
Dr. Ihor Sawczuk from the Hackensack University Medical Center took time away from the event to answer a few questions relating to prostate cancer and other matters of vital concern.You can watch the video above now!
The GWB Challenge is the only event that shuts down the George Washington Bridge. Participants run, walk or bike several different scenic 5K or 10K courses of varying distances before meeting up at Ross Dock in Palisades Park for a post-race party.
Donations raised through the GWB Challenge support the efforts of the American Cancer Society to fund groundbreaking cancer research, provide up-to-date cancer prevention and early detection information to educate people about the disease, advocate for all people to have access to quality cancer care, and offer free programs and services to improve the quality of life for people facing cancer and their families.
With Father's Day around the corner, visit this site to find out about how you can arrange a free PSA test now.
- East Harlem investigators seeking clues in basement 49 min ago
- Photos: Accuweather maps for possible Monday snow
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- raw video: New video just after East Harlem Explosion
- Brooklyn shooting leaves 4 boys wounded 27 min ago
- NYC Sanitation Commissioner John Doherty retiring 8 min ago
- Out of control bus hits cars in Brooklyn; 5 hurt
- Malaysian leader: plane's system deliberately disabled
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $400 million
- Photos: Several vehicles on fire in New Jersey
- Brooklyn shooting leaves 4 boys wounded
27 min ago
- East Harlem investigators seeking clues in...
49 min ago