Event recap: GWB Challenge
FORT LEE, N.J. -- More than 4,000 participants took to the George Washington Bridge on June 10 to run, walk or bike across the famed structure during the recent GWB Challenge on the way to raising more than $200,000 for the American Cancer Society!
Although the event has concluded, the challenge to spread the word about cancer prevention never ends.
Dr. Ihor Sawczuk from the Hackensack University Medical Center took time away from the event to answer a few questions relating to prostate cancer and other matters of vital concern.You can watch the video above now!
The GWB Challenge is the only event that shuts down the George Washington Bridge. Participants run, walk or bike several different scenic 5K or 10K courses of varying distances before meeting up at Ross Dock in Palisades Park for a post-race party.
Donations raised through the GWB Challenge support the efforts of the American Cancer Society to fund groundbreaking cancer research, provide up-to-date cancer prevention and early detection information to educate people about the disease, advocate for all people to have access to quality cancer care, and offer free programs and services to improve the quality of life for people facing cancer and their families.
With Father's Day around the corner, visit this site to find out about how you can arrange a free PSA test now.
- Robinson Cano to sign with Mariners 5 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Surveillance video released in "Baby Angel" case 48 min ago
- UPS facility fire damages packages on Long Island 49 min ago
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela 52 min ago
- Mandela's influence felt in New York City
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Police search for suspect in Brooklyn shooting
- Long Island Rail Road massacre, 20 years later
- Photos: Long Island Rail Road massacre
- World Cup teams hoping for luck of the draw
- Bob Dylan's Newport electric guitar for sale
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
52 min ago