Coming up: Free reading of 'Boogaloo', Sept. 8-9
NEW YORK -- Reading is power, knowledge... and fun!
In honor of September being National Literacy Month, a free reading/performance of "Booglaloo" will take place from 12:30 to 3 p.m. on Sept. 8-9 at Theatre80 in Manhattan.
"Booglaloo," which tells the story of a 2-inch fairy who spreads her infectious spirit by living and dancing in shoes across the globe, is the second installment of a three-part series that blend video, animation, illustration and original music into one solitary narrative.
It is part of an initiaitve of Kickstarter.com -- a crowd funding website for creative projects -- that will run from September to November, feauting the work of many inner city young artists. The other two parts of the series are "Nite Nite Sleepy Town" and "Lady, The Pitbull."
The event will feature the talents of Flamenco choreographer and dancer Arielle Rosales as well as the stylings of dancer Jon Rua. It will have original music by Arman Dixon and lyrics and the book itself by Lapacazo M. Hernandez-Sandoval.
Theatre80 is located at 80 St. Mark's Place in Manhattan's East Village. The event is free but reservations are required. To RSVP, send an email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, be sure to follow the production on Twitter at @BoogalooFairy.
- 3 more bodies pulled from rubble in East Harlem 3 min ago
- AccuWeather: Polar Vortex returns for 1 day 38 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Two East Harlem explosion victims identified
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Newark tanker fire snarls traffic, delays NJ Transit trains 38 min ago
- Photos: Newark tanker fire 40 min ago
- Survivors describe explosion in East Harlem
- Dozens homeless after East Harlem buildings destroyed
- Video: 2 men describe pulling child out of rubble
- Investigators focus on an old cast-iron gas pipeline
- Video: East Harlem Explosion on social media
- Video: Damage throughout neighborhood after East...
- AccuWeather: Polar Vortex returns for 1 day
38 min ago