Coming up: A Second Helping of Life, Sept. 24
NEW YORK -- It's time to wine and dine -- for a great cause!
On Monday, Sept. 24, close to 30 of New York City's top female chefs will team up with celebrity sous chefs to create sumptuous culinary creations at this year's "A Second Helping of Life" Pier Sixty/Chelsea Piers in Manhattan to raise money to help the fight against breast and ovarian cancers.
The event will benefit SHARE, a New York City-based not-for-profit organization that offers peer-led support to women with breast or ovarian cancer. Guests will enjoy a reception of delectable food, signature cocktails, fine wines and a silent and live auction. Tickets are $300 for general admission at 7:00pm. A VIP reception will take place at 6 p.m. for those who purchase partner tickets for $500 or champion tickets for $750.
The event's executive chef will be Amanda Freitag, a TV personality featured as a judge on the Food Network's "Chopped" and on the Cooking Channel's "Unique Eats".
In addition, the event will honor Mailet Lopez, the founder of I Had Cancer and co-founder of Queeky Wheel Media; Amy A. Peterson, president of Nodtraditional Employment for Women (NEW) and Lynette Marrero and Ivy Mix, co-founders of Speed Rack.
For more information, including a full list of participating chefs, visit ShareCancerSupport.org/secondhelping or call (212) 937-5581.
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door 34 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy
- Man found shot to death in Bronx apartment
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Crash on Garden State Parkway leaves 1 dead, 2 hurt
- New measure to make child care more affordable
- Sen. Rand Paul wins CPAC presidential straw poll
- Viewpoint on WABC-TV
- Here and Now
- Tiempo on WABC-TV
- Up Close with Diana Williams
- Vietnam says it may have found missing...
34 min ago