Coming up: A Second Helping of Life, Sept. 24
NEW YORK -- It's time to wine and dine -- for a great cause!
On Monday, Sept. 24, close to 30 of New York City's top female chefs will team up with celebrity sous chefs to create sumptuous culinary creations at this year's "A Second Helping of Life" Pier Sixty/Chelsea Piers in Manhattan to raise money to help the fight against breast and ovarian cancers.
The event will benefit SHARE, a New York City-based not-for-profit organization that offers peer-led support to women with breast or ovarian cancer. Guests will enjoy a reception of delectable food, signature cocktails, fine wines and a silent and live auction. Tickets are $300 for general admission at 7:00pm. A VIP reception will take place at 6 p.m. for those who purchase partner tickets for $500 or champion tickets for $750.
The event's executive chef will be Amanda Freitag, a TV personality featured as a judge on the Food Network's "Chopped" and on the Cooking Channel's "Unique Eats".
In addition, the event will honor Mailet Lopez, the founder of I Had Cancer and co-founder of Queeky Wheel Media; Amy A. Peterson, president of Nodtraditional Employment for Women (NEW) and Lynette Marrero and Ivy Mix, co-founders of Speed Rack.
For more information, including a full list of participating chefs, visit ShareCancerSupport.org/secondhelping or call (212) 937-5581.
- Dozens killed in Oklahoma tornado
- Oklahoma Tornado: How You Can Help, Get Help 45 min ago
- Metro North New Haven Line to be back Wednesday 10 min ago
- NYPD detective accused of hacking, spying on associates
- Ex-priest arrested after working with kids in NJ
- Wake to be held for slain Hofstra student as questions linger
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- blog: Mirror Ball Blog: Dancing with the Stars
- Photos: Dancing with the Stars Finals
- Photos: Most Wanted: Yonkers Police Department
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Oklahoma tornado death toll revised to 24,...
18 min ago