Coming up: OHNY Weekend, Oct. 6-7
NEW YORK -- Come one, come all!
From Oct. 6-7, openhousenewyork (OHNY) will present the 10th Annual OHNY Weekend, a citywide cultural event that celebrates New York City's extraordinary architecture and design. Spanning two full days, OHNY Weekend will once again unlock the city, offering rare access to hundreds of sites, tours, talks and special performances that exemplify the city's diverse and culturally rich built environment.
New participating sites for this year's OHNY Weekend include...
- Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum
- Jewish Museum
- Kehila Kedosh Janina (the only Romaniote synagogue in the western hemisphere)
- Museum (the city's mallest museum located in an elevator shaft-way)
- Museum of Reclaimed Urban Space (a new museum located in the East Village that has been founded by commuinity activits)
- National Academy Museum and School
Returning this year are several aspects of programming for kids and families, including the Family Affair at the Bronx Museum of Art and the OHNY Weekend Family Festival, taking place in conjunction with the Center for Architecture Foundation.
More than 200,000 people are expected to visit one of the numerous locales. To avoid long lines and see more sites during the Weekend, OHNY offers a VIP Passport for two people with a donation of $150 of more. The Passport offers an OHNY participant and their guest front-of-the-line access to all sites and programs that do not require advance reservations.
The festivities will kick off at 7 p.m. on Oct. 5 with a launch party at Times Square Museum & Visitors Center, located at 7th Avenue between 46th and 47th streets in Manhattan. Tickets to the event are $75. To register, visit this site.
Those interested are also welcome to attend OHNY's closing event on Oct. 7 at Tribecca Cinemas located at 54 Varick St. The event will start at 6 p.m. with a reception followed by a showing of the 2012 documentary Diller Scofidio + Renfro: Re-Imagining Lincoln Center and the High Line. Tickets are $35.
For more information, including a complete event guide, visit www.ohny.org/weekend/overview.
Founded in 2001, OHNY is a non-profit organization dedicated to promoting a greater understanding of New York City's built environment; broadening public awareness by exposing a diverse audience to distinctive examples of architecture, engineering and design; educating and provoking discussion of issues of excellence in design, planning and preservation; and showcasing outstanding new work as well as spaces of historic merit. In addition to its signature Annual OHNY Weekend event, OHNY hosts adult and youth educational programs throughout the year.
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center 52 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way 46 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Firefighters battling Bronx car fire find body inside
- NJ woman charged in butt injection death 8 min ago
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 2
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn
- Missing Malaysia plane changed course, military says 15 min ago
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Burger King baby seeks birth mom
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
46 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos