Help the victims of Hurricane Sandy
Friday, November 02, 2012
October 30, 2012 -- Sandy has affected much of the eastern half of the country and the American Red Cross is sending help where it is needed.
- The response to Sandy is very large and very costly and the Red Cross needs your help now.
- To donate visit www.redcross.org, call 1-800-RED CROSS or text the word REDCROSS to 90999 to make a $10 donation.
- Hundreds of Red Cross blood drives have already been cancelled due to the storm, and more are expected. This represents a loss of as many as 9,000 blood and platelet products. We're asking people who are eligible to give blood especially in places not affected by the storm, to schedule a blood donation now. Visit www.redcrossblood.org to make an appointment today.
(Copyright ©2014 WLS-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent
- Squatters flee fire in Paterson; 2 vacant buildings gutted
- Photos: Fire guts 2 vacant Paterson buildings
- Man arrested for stealing money from donation box
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage horse debate
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Fire rips through seven houses in the Bronx
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act