Help the victims of Hurricane Sandy
Friday, November 02, 2012
October 30, 2012 -- Sandy has affected much of the eastern half of the country and the American Red Cross is sending help where it is needed.
- The response to Sandy is very large and very costly and the Red Cross needs your help now.
- To donate visit www.redcross.org, call 1-800-RED CROSS or text the word REDCROSS to 90999 to make a $10 donation.
- Hundreds of Red Cross blood drives have already been cancelled due to the storm, and more are expected. This represents a loss of as many as 9,000 blood and platelet products. We're asking people who are eligible to give blood especially in places not affected by the storm, to schedule a blood donation now. Visit www.redcrossblood.org to make an appointment today.
(Copyright ©2014 WLS-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
- Mom 'steals' car - without even realizing it
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- N.J. woman charged with trying to kill her 3 children
- Firefighters rescue 80-year-old man from Bronx fire Wednesday...
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 7 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Drugs stashed in hiding places in Manhattan apartments