Help the victims of Hurricane Sandy
Friday, November 02, 2012
October 30, 2012 -- Sandy has affected much of the eastern half of the country and the American Red Cross is sending help where it is needed.
- The response to Sandy is very large and very costly and the Red Cross needs your help now.
- To donate visit www.redcross.org, call 1-800-RED CROSS or text the word REDCROSS to 90999 to make a $10 donation.
- Hundreds of Red Cross blood drives have already been cancelled due to the storm, and more are expected. This represents a loss of as many as 9,000 blood and platelet products. We're asking people who are eligible to give blood especially in places not affected by the storm, to schedule a blood donation now. Visit www.redcrossblood.org to make an appointment today.
(Copyright ©2013 WLS-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
- AccuWeather Alert: Storm, flash flood warnings
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Suspect in custody in Queens bus shooting
- Woman arrested in shooting death of Jersey City boy 34 min ago
- Threat prompts lockdown at Saddle Brook schools 2 min ago
- UK: London terror attack suspects had been probed
- West Point soldier charged with videotaping women
- Anthony Weiner courts voters in Harlem Thursday
- Queens businessman kidnapped and tortured
- Photos: Accuweather forecast in pictures
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- Photos: Top Pictures of the Week
- Secret Sales: Brownies, Diamonds and a...
42 min ago