Coming up: NYC Jingle Bell Run/Walk, Dec. 1
'Tis the season to run for a great cause!
Stay in shape and get in the holiday spirit at the same time by taking part in the 2012 NYC Jingle Bell Run/Walk on Saturday, Dec. 1, at Manhattan's Riverside Park South. Registration is at 8 a.m., with the race starting at 10 a.m.
The holiday-themed 5K race -- with an optional 1-mile walk -- through the park features medals for top finishers in several age groups as well as children's activities, a visit from Santa, a sponsor expo, information on arthritis in pets, music/entertainment and post-race refreshments. The race's proceeds will go to the ongoing efforts of the Arthritis Foundation.
The course is stroller-friendly and wheelchair accessible, and dogs are welcome if they are on leashes. For information, visit nycjbr.kintera.org or call (212) 984-8724. Online registration is closed, but interested participants can still register in person at Pier I (located at 70th Street). The fee is $35. Cash, checks and credit cards will be accepted. The first 1,000 registrants who sign up and pick up their race packets will receive a free NYC skyine-themed event T-shirt.
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Retired NYPD officer faces charges for allegedly killing wife
- NJ police investigating deadly skydiving accident
- Former boxer Rubin "Hurricane" Carter dies at 76
- Suspect arrested after body found in container
- Flight makes emergency landing with cracked windshield
- Preparations underway for Boston Marathon
- Search underway for missing Queens boy, 11
- Country music singer Kevin Sharp dies at age 43
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation