Coming up: ADA Expo, March 9
NEW YORK -- The fight to stop diabetes begins with you!
Come check out the the American Diabetes Association (ADA) Expo taking place on March 9 rom 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Jacob Javits Convention Center in Manhattan.
This free public event includes:
- No-cost health screenings (courtesy of Mt. Sinai Hospital)
- Cooking demonstrations by Jamie and Bobby Deen of "Celebrity Chef," Charles Mattocks, a.k.a. the "Poor Chef," "Top Chef" contestant Andrea Beaman, and famed chef Dmitri Verteouris
- Cooking competition featuring NYC and YMCA public school students
- Product and vendor presentations/exhibits from more than 60 exhibitors
- Fitness demos
- Speeches by Phil Sutherland of Team Type 1 and Frado Dinten of the "Biggest Loser"
- Culturally relevant diabetes education materials
Nearly 26 million adults and children in the U.S. -- including 10 percent of New Yorkers -- have diabetes, and an additional 79 million more have pre-diabetes in the U.S. If current trends continue, one in three children will face a future with diabetes. People with diabetes and pre-diabetes can take steps to manage the disease and lower the risk of its life-threatening complications.
For more information please call the ADA at 1-800-DIABETES (342-2383) or visit Diabetes.org/newyork.
Founded in 1940, The American Diabetes Association is leading the fight to stop diabetes and its deadly consequences and fighting for those affected by diabetes. Its mission is to prevent and cure diabetes and to improve the lives of all people affected by diabetes. The association funds research to prevent, cure and manage diabetes; delivers services to hundreds of communities; provides objective and credible information; and gives voice to those denied their rights because of diabetes.
- East Harlem debris cleared in search for cause 55 min ago
- Photos: Accuweather maps for possible Monday snow
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Mayor names Kathryn Garcia new head of sanitation
- Out of control bus hits cars in Brooklyn; 5 hurt
- Photos: Bus hits cars in Brooklyn
- Man, 65, shot to death on street in Clinton Hill
- Widow of Short Hills mall carjacking victim files suit
- LI hospital flooded with phone calls after insulin scare
- Malaysian leader: Plane's system deliberately disabled
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $400 million
- East Harlem debris cleared in search for...
55 min ago