Chaplin Award Gala Honoring Streisand
NEW YORK -- Join the Film Society of Lincoln Center for a once-in-a-lifetime, star-studded event to honor the life and film career of the legendary Barbra Streisand.
April 22, 2013: Award Presentation by President Bill Clinton.
This celebration of Ms. Streisand is the continuation of a 40-year tradition at the Film Society that honors a distinguished film artist whose body of work and lifetime of achievements represent a significant contribution to the art of film. Ms. Streisand, a truly rare and groundbreaking talent, is the first woman artist to receive credit as writer, director, producer and star of a major feature film (Yentl). She is also the first female film director to receive a Kennedy Center Honor.
The event will be attended by a host of notable guests and celebrities honoring Ms. Streisand's film career. Filled with many surprises and show-stopping performances, the tribute will culminate with the presentation of the Chaplin Award to Ms. Streisand by President Bill Clinton.
Visit www.FilmLinc.com/Gala to learn more.
lincoln center, community
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site 56 min ago
- Photos: Boston Marathon: One year later
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen 28 min ago
- 3 dead, 292 missing in South Korea ferry disaster 38 min ago
- Driver arrested after teens get drunk, trash party bus
- Photos: Teenagers trash party bus
- Photos released of man wanted for harassing Muslim girl 26 min ago
- Miley Cyrus skips concert, is hospitalized 9 min ago
- Baby found in Victoria's Secret bag died of asphyxia
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos