Chaplin Award Gala Honoring Streisand
NEW YORK -- Join the Film Society of Lincoln Center for a once-in-a-lifetime, star-studded event to honor the life and film career of the legendary Barbra Streisand.
April 22, 2013: Award Presentation by President Bill Clinton.
This celebration of Ms. Streisand is the continuation of a 40-year tradition at the Film Society that honors a distinguished film artist whose body of work and lifetime of achievements represent a significant contribution to the art of film. Ms. Streisand, a truly rare and groundbreaking talent, is the first woman artist to receive credit as writer, director, producer and star of a major feature film (Yentl). She is also the first female film director to receive a Kennedy Center Honor.
The event will be attended by a host of notable guests and celebrities honoring Ms. Streisand's film career. Filled with many surprises and show-stopping performances, the tribute will culminate with the presentation of the Chaplin Award to Ms. Streisand by President Bill Clinton.
Visit www.FilmLinc.com/Gala to learn more.
lincoln center, community
- Nelson Mandela dies at 95 12 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Unseasonably Warm Air
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years 55 min ago
- VIDEO: Obama remembers Mandela 12 min ago
- Reaction to death of Nelson Mandela 22 min ago
- Bill Bratton named next Police Commissioner 12 min ago
- Who is Bill Bratton? 13 min ago
- Photos: Bill Bratton, next NYPD Police Commissioner
- Derailment victim, James Ferrari, laid to rest
- Carteret freight train derailment: Turnpike reopens
- Photos: Hazmat crews respond to Carteret freight...
- Alleged assault of Seton Hall student may be captured on video
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos