Chaplin Award Gala Honoring Streisand
NEW YORK -- Join the Film Society of Lincoln Center for a once-in-a-lifetime, star-studded event to honor the life and film career of the legendary Barbra Streisand.
April 22, 2013: Award Presentation by President Bill Clinton.
This celebration of Ms. Streisand is the continuation of a 40-year tradition at the Film Society that honors a distinguished film artist whose body of work and lifetime of achievements represent a significant contribution to the art of film. Ms. Streisand, a truly rare and groundbreaking talent, is the first woman artist to receive credit as writer, director, producer and star of a major feature film (Yentl). She is also the first female film director to receive a Kennedy Center Honor.
The event will be attended by a host of notable guests and celebrities honoring Ms. Streisand's film career. Filled with many surprises and show-stopping performances, the tribute will culminate with the presentation of the Chaplin Award to Ms. Streisand by President Bill Clinton.
Visit www.FilmLinc.com/Gala to learn more.
lincoln center, community
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center 57 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way 51 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Firefighters battling Bronx car fire find body inside
- NJ woman charged in butt injection death 13 min ago
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 2
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn
- Missing Malaysia plane changed course, military says 20 min ago
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Burger King baby seeks birth mom
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
51 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos