Junior Achievement of New York Golf Classic to tee off on June 17
NEW YORK -- What could be better than jump-starting your week with a good game of golf for a great cause?
Participants in the annual Junior Achievement of New York Golf Classic will have the chance to do just that on the 18-hole championship courses of the Westchester Country Club in Rye, N.Y.
Below is more from Junior Achievement about the event.
On Monday, June 17, join WABC-TV Eyewitness News Meteorologist, Amy Freeze and New York City's and Long Island's top business professionals for a day of networking, fine dining, relaxation, fun and some serious course time -- all while raising money to support the economic education of New York City and Long Island students.
This year, we are excited to announce the launch of "9 and Dine" -- our first women's par-3 ½ tournament.
Women's Golf Clinic and continental breakfast, presented by American Express: 8am-12pm
Brunch, presented by AT&T: 11am-1pm
18-Hole Classic: 12:30pm-5:30pm
9 and Dine ½ Tournament: 3:30pm-5:30pm
Cocktail Reception presented by PwC: 6pm-7pm
Dinner, presented by U.S. Bank: 7pm-9pm
On-course refreshments available throughout the day, courtesy of Delta Air Lines.
The JA New York Golf Classic is a full handicapped shamble tournament. Unless a golfer has a registered USGA handicap, the maximum handicap allowed is 24 for men and 30 for women.
Prizes will be awarded to team low net, team low gross (1st, 2nd and 3rd places), closest to the pin, men and women and longest drive -- men and women.
Proper golfing attire is required. All sports shirts must have collars, and non-metal golf shoes must be worn. Shorts on any player must be at least Bermuda length. Cargo shorts and Denim in any form are not permitted. Golfing attire is acceptable during the reception and awards program.
In the event of poor weather, the outing will continue as scheduled unless the course is determined to be unplayable by the Golf and Grounds Superintendent. Foursomes will be notified if play is cancelled.
To pre-register a foursome, call Michael Stiver at (212) 907-0031 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, visit www.jany.org.
summer fun, community
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged 21 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives 8 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Car dealer charged after selling Sandy-damaged vehicles 21 min ago
- NJ Transit train disabled inside Hudson River tunnel 42 min ago
- Surveillance released in shooting of 9-year-old boy
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx
- Prosecutors likely to reduce charges in SUV assault
- Video: Two US astronauts set to spacewalk to fix ISS 7 min ago
- GWB repair work this weekend
- Father in Army reunites with son in kindergarten class
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
- Third grader killed in accident, truck...
21 min ago
- Car dealer charged after selling...
21 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
8 min ago
- Two US astronauts set to spacewalk to fix ISS
7 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos