'Monkey: Journey to the West' at Lincoln Center Festival
NEW YORK -- What better way to kick off the Lincoln Center Festival 2013 than with the vibrant musical "Monkey: Journey to the West"?
Based on the 1592 classic Chinese folktale "Journey to the West," "Monkey: Journey to the West" is the tale of an irrepressible band of characters - the Monkey King, Tripitaka, the Dragon Prince, Pigsy, and Sandy - on a harrowing adventure through stymieing obstacles and menacing characters in search of the holy scriptures in India.
This hugely successful production includes a remarkable cast of Chinese acrobats, singers, mind-bending contortionists, martial artists and transfixing animated displays.
Chen Shi-Zheng, internationally renowned opera and film director, directs the enchanting, fantastical world of "Monkey: Journey to the West."
"Monkey: Journey to the West" will run throughout the Festival with 27 performances in the David H. Koch Theater. The last performance will be Sunday, July 28 at 8pm.
For more information, visit: Monkey: Journey to the West
lincoln center, summer fun, community
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix On The Way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Snow alert issued for New York City 36 min ago
- Yaphank church badly damaged by fire
- Photos: Yaphank Church Fire 2 min ago
- Firefighters battle Washington Heights building fire 10 min ago
- Suspect charged with assaulting cop with cane
- NJ restaurant parts ways with gay waitress
- Staten Island buyback collects nearly 100 guns
- South Africans pray for Mandela in day of mourning
- Newtown groups open week of 'acts of kindness'
- Potential major advancement made in fight against leukemia