Learn more about the warning signs for Ovarian Cancer
NEW YORK -- Learn the warning signs for Ovarian Cancer and call SHARE's toll-free helpline at 866-537-4273.
September is Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month. Help 7online and SHARE raise awareness about this disease!
Every year, over 20,000 women in the U.S. are diagnosed with ovarian cancer, and more than 14,000 die from the disease. There are no routine screening tests, and symptoms are often mistaken for other less serious or benign conditions
But ovarian cancer DOES have symptoms!
If you have these symptoms almost daily for more than a few weeks, see a gynecologist and describe what is new and not normal for you.
Call SHARE's toll-free Ovarian Cancer Helpline: 866-537-4273
We'll also help you find information or local resources, talk to you about treatments and side effects, connect you with a peer whose situation matches yours, and help you sort through options and make informed decisions about your care.
SHARE is a nationwide community that brings support, information and the benefit of experience to women with ovarian or breast cancer, and their caregivers. Free services include a helpline staffed by peers, support groups, seminars on the treatment of cancer and living with it, and dedicated support from someone whose experience is similar to yours.
SHARE's message: You are not alone. Since 1976, we're here for you, committed to helping all who need us. Through SHARE, the power of community helps restore your health and renew your hope.
summer fun, community
- Stolen passports deepen missing plane mystery
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police investigating double shooting in Brooklyn
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Matt Harvey aims for 2014 return to Mets
- Melo scores 26, Knicks beat Cavs 107-97