DIFFA's DINING BY DESIGN New York
NEW YORK -- DIFFA: Design Industries Foundation Fighting AIDS presents DINING BY DESIGN New York, which launches the national tour of the Foundation's premier fundraiser. For the third year, the event will be held in conjunction with the Architectural Digest Home Design Show at Pier 94.
DATE: Thursday, March 17 - Monday, March 21, 2011
VENUE: Pier 94 (12th Avenue at 55th Street)
For information and tickets to the DIFFA Dining by Design events, click here
Coinciding with the Architectural Digest Home Show DINING BY DESIGN brings together internationally celebrated designers and local talent to create three dimensional dining installations that awe, inspire, and delight. These extraordinary dining environments from the lavish and romantic to the outrageous and whimsical set the stage for five days of fun and fundraising.
HONOREE: This year DIFFA is pleased to announce it will be honoring Margaret Russell, Editor In Chief of Architectural Digest. Russell, who was the driving force behind the emergence of DINING BY DESIGN and instrumental in shaping it into the event it has become today, will be honored at the Gala celebration on Monday, March 21st.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:
COCKTAILS BY DESIGN - Designers and guests mingle at Pier 94 during this dazzling preview of the amazing design installations, while sampling treats from NYC's top restaurants and gourmet food purveyors paired with delicious wine and cocktails. Participating restaurants include Bar Boulud, Buddakan, Estiatorio Milos, ilili, Kittichai, Murray's Cheese, North Square, and Spice Market.
Thursday, March 17th
6:00PM - 10:00PM
PUBLIC VIEWING - Explore the latest in design trends as you view the amazing installations and shop the silent auction.
Friday, March 18th through Sunday, March 20th
10:00AM - 6:00PM Daily
TICKETS: $25 (includes admission to the ADHD Show and DBD Public Viewing)
GALA DINNER - Cocktails and table hopping are followed by an elegant seated VIP dinner accompanied by dancing and a silent auction loaded with hospitality experiences and luxury items.
Monday, March 21st
6:30PM - 11:00PM
For information and tickets, to the DIFFA Dining by Design events, click here.
- Queens third grader fatally struck by truck 10 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Woman dead, 2 sisters critical in Brooklyn fire 3 min ago
- Bronx fire leaves brothers dead, 3 firefighters hurt
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Mink coat thieves caught on camera at NYC boutique
- LI nativity theft being investagated as hate crime
- Target data breach leaves customers angry, frustrated
- Friday marks Walcott's last day while schools in session
- MTA launches new apps for LIRR, Metro-North riders
- City Council passes plastic foam, e-cigarette bills
- 9-year-old bowler in Florida tosses perfect 300 48 min ago