NYC Half-Marathon 2012: Get social, get trained
Tuesday, March 06, 2012
NEW YORK -- Whether you've never run before or your training for your tenth half-marathon, the following resources will help you train for your first -- or next -- race!
LIKE AND FOLLOW RUNNING:
- On Facebook: Check out the official Facebook page of the New York Runners.
- On Twitter: Follow the New York Runners on Twitter at @nyrr or NYRR CEO Mary Wittenberg at @nyrrmaryruns.
- Eat right: When it comes to running, what food you use to fuel your body can make all the difference. Here are some suggestions about what to eat.
- Prevent injuries: Everyone wants to be fitter, stronger and faster -- all while staying healthy. Here are some stretches to do before and after your runs.
- Find a coach: A coach can help you achieve any goals that you may have when it comes to running.
- Join a class: What better way to meet your fitness goals than as part of class? Find out about a number of NYRR classes that will help you reach your potential.
A Running Start
A Running Start is a free online coaching resource with 83 videos developed by New York Road Runners to help youth coaches teach the fundamentals of running through age-appropriate games, activities, and drills. Created in collaboration with a team of expert youth coaches and exercise physiologists, these activities can be used individually, incorporated into an existing practice routine, or used to craft one's own running session.
Active Eating is a free series of lesson plans, for children in grades K-8, that use fun physical activities to educate them about making healthy food choices. Lessons explore the importance of each meal, the value of eating a variety of foods, healthy and less healthy food options, and how to select foods that help our bodies stay strong.
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Elderly pedestrian hit by two cars in Harlem
- LI burglary foiled by man watching on webcam in China
- GWB repair work will close upper level lanes
- Long Island driver charged with DWI in hit and run 21 min ago
- Target offers discount, free credit monitoring after data breach
- Pan Am 103 bombing anniversary marked by memorials
- Photos: Pan Am 103 bombing
- NASA astronauts make spacewalk for urgent repairs
- Knicks lose to Grizzlies, 95-87 34 min ago
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall