Coming up: Arthritis Walk, June 23
NEW YORK -- Healthy joints are a gift... use them for a great cause!
Arthritis Walk, the Arthritis Foundation's national signature fundraising event, will take place on June 23rd in hundred of cities across the country -- including at 10 a.m. at Manhattan's Battery Park. More than 1,500 walkers are expected to take part in the 10th edition of the NYC walk.
The walk, as part of the "Let's Move Together" movement, supports public awareness and raises funds to fight arthritis, which is the nation's most common cause of disability. Today, one in five adults and 300,000 children suffer from the pain of arthritis. By the year 2030, an estimated 67 million or 25 percent of the projected total adult population will have arthritis.
For more information on how to prevent or treat arthritis, visit LetsMoveTogether.org.
- Stolen passports deepen missing plane mystery 15 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Matt Harvey still predicting 2014 role
- Melo scores 26, Knicks beat Cavs 107-97 34 min ago
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Stolen passports deepen missing plane mystery
15 min ago