Run for the Wild, Run for Gorillas in 2009!
NEW YORK (WABC) -- This April join the Wildlife Conservation Society for the first annual Run for the Wild on Saturday, April 25th, 2009 at the Bronx Zoo and run to help save gorillas.
Participate in a unique 5k run/walk through the zoo before it opens to the public, and then stay afterwards to meet more than 4,000 animal ambassadors from all over the world. The 2009 Run for the Wild is dedicated to gorillas, one of the species at great risk of extinction that WCS is working to save.
Sign up today and take ACTION for Wildlife - Registration fee includes a Run for the Wild t-shirt, complementary Bronx Zoo day pass, free entry to the Congo Gorilla Forest, a pre-run warm up from YogaWorks, complimentary post-run massages, and post-run refreshments.
Post-run activities and the WCS Earth Expo will offer Run for the Wild participants the chance to participate in family yoga classes, meet former NFL star Tiki Barber and exercise on his Tiki Rec playground created from recycled materials, see live music and entertainment, learn about wildlife conservation from experts, including ocean explorer Fabien Cousteau, and enjoy eco-friendly activities and programming.
By participating in the Run for the Wild you will help support the Wildlife Conservation Society and its efforts to save wildlife and wild places worldwide.
The Wildlife Conservation Society does this through science, global conservation, education and the management of the world's largest system of urban wildlife parks, led by the flagship Bronx Zoo. Together these activities change attitudes towards nature and help people imagine wildlife and humans living in harmony.
The United Nations has declared 2009 the Year of the Gorilla in an effort to spotlight a species at great risk of extinction. In support of this campaign, fundraising efforts from the first annual Run for the Wild will help to protect gorillas and other wildlife and wild places worldwide.
For more information and to Register, visit WCSRunforthewild.org.
- Metro North train collision to affect service all week 36 min ago
- AccuWeather: Humid week ahead, with showers
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Suspect in critical condition after NJ police shooting
- Tornadoes slam Midwest; 1 dead in Oklahoma
- Hofstra remembers Andrea Rebello as probe continues
- Tipping dispute leads to assault outside LI nightclub 55 min ago
- Rally planned after West Village hate crime murder
- Winning Mega Millions ticket sold in New Jersey
- Florida city anxious to learn Powerball jackpot winner
- Photos: Photos from the Billboard Awards
- Photos: Tornado rips through Oklahoma
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Metro North train collision to affect...
36 min ago