Run for the Wild, Run for Tigers in 2010!
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Get out your running shoes and prepare to make tracks for tigers! This year, the Wildlife Conservation Society's "Run for the Wild" is dedicated to saving tigers.
The 5k run/walk will take place at the Bronx Zoo on Saturday, April 24. The 5k race for individual runners begins at 8:30 a.m. and the casual Family Fun Run/Walk begins at 9:00 a.m.
Registration is now open! Sign up today and take ACTION for wildlife. Top fundraisers will receive prizes like VIP animal encounters - get a closer look at tigers, giraffes and more!
Everyone will receive a Run for the Wild t-shirt and after the run, you can explore the zoo with complimentary admission and parking, or check out the Tiger Mountain exhibit. Also, enjoy refreshments, live music, games and more!
And there's a special treat this year: runners/walkers will have the opportunity to view and get a photo with the New York Yankees' 2009 World Series Championship trophy, on display in the Zoo Center from 12:00-3:00 p.m.!
If you cannot participate in the event, you can still help by sponsoring a runner or team or making a donation online. Proceeds from the run will go to helping save tigers. Read more about the plight of the tigers. By participating in the Run for the Wild you will help support the Wildlife Conservation Society and its efforts to save wildlife and wild places worldwide.
Online registration is $30 for adults. For more information and to register, visit WCSRunforthewild.org.
- Yonkers fire injures family of four
- AccuWeather: Still Some Slick Spots! 49 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Spring Valley police to announce arrest in Baby Angel case 15 min ago
- Residents warned to look out for black ice
- Avonte's mother continues search with new headquarters
- Local 7 line service resumes after signal problems 1 min ago
- Tourist who lost leg in taxi crash sues city
- Man struck and killed by car on LIE
- Flu shots could be mandatory for NYC kids
- WestJet plays Santa to 250 lucky passengers
- Photos: 4 injured in Yonkers fire
- Photos: Viewer snow storm pictures
- AccuWeather: Still Some Slick Spots!
49 min ago