Eco-friendly and cruelty proof clothes in New York City
New York (WABC) -- There are thousands of different clothing stores in New York City, and among them, a unique store that offers a very natural approach to clothing and accessories.
There are thousands of different clothing stores in New York City, and among them, a unique store that offers a very natural approach to clothing and accessories.
NYA stands for New York Artificial, a bit of a misnomer considering the clothes here are anything but artificial.
Alex Guzman opened NYA Green in 2004, followed by its sister store, NYA Blue. Both offer shoppers eco-friendly and cruelty free options that include handbags, which aren't made from leather but from silks and wool.
And when it comes to clothes, some designs use modern day fabrics like jeans, but others use fabrics from the 1950s, 1960s and the mid-70s.
Most of which weren't treated with toxic chemicals.
Everything is manufactured in New York, and most of the line is made to order.
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy 50 min ago
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week 19 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet 32 min ago
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent
- Squatters flee fire in Paterson; 2 vacant buildings gutted
- Photos: Fire guts 2 vacant Paterson buildings
- Man arrested for stealing money from donation box
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage horse debate
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Fire rips through seven houses in the Bronx 6 min ago
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Vietnam says cannot find object from...
32 min ago
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week
19 min ago