Eco-friendly and cruelty proof clothes in New York City
New York (WABC) -- There are thousands of different clothing stores in New York City, and among them, a unique store that offers a very natural approach to clothing and accessories.
There are thousands of different clothing stores in New York City, and among them, a unique store that offers a very natural approach to clothing and accessories.
NYA stands for New York Artificial, a bit of a misnomer considering the clothes here are anything but artificial.
Alex Guzman opened NYA Green in 2004, followed by its sister store, NYA Blue. Both offer shoppers eco-friendly and cruelty free options that include handbags, which aren't made from leather but from silks and wool.
And when it comes to clothes, some designs use modern day fabrics like jeans, but others use fabrics from the 1950s, 1960s and the mid-70s.
Most of which weren't treated with toxic chemicals.
Everything is manufactured in New York, and most of the line is made to order.
- LIRR train derails in East River tunnel
- AccuWeather Forecast: Spotty Storm
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Victim of attempted robbery falls out window
- Suspect shot and killed in Newark robbery attempt
- Teacher suspended after alleged sending threatening voicemail
- Passenger arrested after incident on Newark-bound flight
- LI 7-Eleven owners accused of human smuggling
- NYC plans composting program to recycle food scraps
- abcnews: Murnaghans Face Backlash After Sarah's Lung...
- Actor Jeff Garlin won't face vandalism charges in LA
- Photos: Hong Kong-Newark Plane disturbance
- Photos: Miss Connecticut crowned Miss USA
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos