Life & Community
Man runs 48 hours straight in Central Park
NEW YORK -- Long time MMRF supporter and ultra-marathon runner Eric Gelber is taking on an astounding feat - 48 hours / 200 miles in Central Park, from Sept 20-22, 2013, to raise funds for the MMRF.
Now you can be a part of history and join Eric for one or more of his 33 laps around the park. Each 6-mile lap of the park will help us accelerate treatments and bring us closer to a cure.
Three Ways to Participate:
Run with Eric in NYC's Central Park
Athletes who donate $100 and register for the event will be able to run with Eric in Central Park during a portion of this 48 Hour event taking place from September 20 to September 22, 2013. You may choose to run one, two, three or more laps of New York's Central Park, depending upon your ability. Faster runners will want to join Eric on Day 1, when he is freshest. Slower runners will want to join Eric closer to the conclusion of his run. When you register, please tell us your anticipated running pace (from 8 to 16 minutes per mile), so we can schedule you accordingly. After registering, participants will also have the opportunity to raise additional funds for the MMRF with their own personalized online fundraising page or make an additional donation.
If you cannot join Eric in NYC, you can still participate as a Virtual Runner. Supporters who make a $25 donation will be able to create their own running experience at a location of their choosing, while supporting Eric's epic effort. Virtual runners may also choose to raise additional funds for the MMRF with their own personalized online fundraising page.
Sleep In / Sit on the Couch
Does all this talk of running make you tired? You can support Eric from your pillow or couch with a donation of any amount - click here.
team abc 7 marathon blog, new york city marathon, life & community
- Forest fire burning in NJ; Evacuations ordered 14 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 9-year-old dies in 26-story fall from Bronx high-rise
- Carlstadt fire guts post office; 2 firefighters hurt
- Photos: Carlstadt post office fire
- Heroin antidote Narcan saves 6 in Ocean County
- Woman charged in fatal hit and run in Hempstead
- Baby monitors batteries recalled over burn hazard
- Camilla Parker Bowles' brother Mark Shand dies in NYC
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes
- Tavern on the Green reopens in Central Park Thursday
- Photos: Sneak peek inside the new Tavern on the Green
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos