Get ready for Shakespeare in the Park
NEW YORK -- It's free, it's a sign of summer - time to enjoy Shakespeare in the Park! Get this year's events!
More than five million people have enjoyed the "Shakespeare in the Park" productions at the Delacorte Theater in New York's Central Park.
It's a beloved tradition that bring works of art to life - for free! And this year promises many enjoyable moments.
"Love's Labour's Lost, A New Musical" starts July 23rd and runs through August 18th. Based on the play by William Shakespeare, this romantic-comedy focuses on the themes of true love and the coming of age.
Reuniting are Obie Award winner Michael Friedman (Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson) and two-time Tony Award nominee Alex Timbers (Peter and the Starcatcher), as they display an unexpected evening of song, sonnets and Shakespeare.
And in September, hundreds of New Yorkers from all five boroughs will share the stage with professional actors and community partners, for a special three-night civic event inspired by Shakespeare's "The Tempest."
The Public Theater will produce a 21st century version of this event for free at the Delacorte Theater with community partners as well as guest performers and professional actors.
All shows begin at 8:30 p.m. Get ready for some iconic summertime entertainment!
summer fun, outdoors
- Possible 'knockout' attack victim speaks out
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower 2 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Firefighters sent to wrong location in Jersey City fire
- Photos: Jersey City row home fire
- 2 firefighters injured in Bronx bodega fire
- Search for owner of severely malnourished dog
- Cardinal Dolan supports universal pre-k
- Cars burglarized at gyms in Wyckoff and Ridgewood
- Man speaks about shooting would-be burglar
- FDNY battery giveaway for smoke, CO detectors
- Photos: Mariano Rivera's career in pictures
- Spinning class and karaoke all in one
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
2 min ago