Get ready for Shakespeare in the Park
NEW YORK -- It's free, it's a sign of summer - time to enjoy Shakespeare in the Park! Get this year's events!
More than five million people have enjoyed the "Shakespeare in the Park" productions at the Delacorte Theater in New York's Central Park.
It's a beloved tradition that bring works of art to life - for free! And this year promises many enjoyable moments.
"Love's Labour's Lost, A New Musical" starts July 23rd and runs through August 18th. Based on the play by William Shakespeare, this romantic-comedy focuses on the themes of true love and the coming of age.
Reuniting are Obie Award winner Michael Friedman (Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson) and two-time Tony Award nominee Alex Timbers (Peter and the Starcatcher), as they display an unexpected evening of song, sonnets and Shakespeare.
And in September, hundreds of New Yorkers from all five boroughs will share the stage with professional actors and community partners, for a special three-night civic event inspired by Shakespeare's "The Tempest."
The Public Theater will produce a 21st century version of this event for free at the Delacorte Theater with community partners as well as guest performers and professional actors.
All shows begin at 8:30 p.m. Get ready for some iconic summertime entertainment!
summer fun, outdoors
- Newtown 911 calls released
- AccuWeather Forecast: Mild Week
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Attorney: Train engineer was 'in a daze'
- Derailment survivor remembers sister who died
- Mayor-elect de Blasio names deputy mayor
- Police shoot and kill man with special needs
- Keri Russell's Brooklyn home burglarized 22 min ago
- abcnews: Truck Carrying Radioactive Material Stolen...
- Parents plead for help to save boys from rare disease
- Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash, autopsy finds
- Bad Dog: Sunny knocks over child at holiday party
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013