Our Commitment: Making Strides 2011
NEW YORK -- More than 1 million women worldwide are diagnosed with breast cancer each year and more than 500,000 die from it.
However more women are surviving breast cancer than ever before. And with increased awareness, early detection, and continued research we will continue to make strides against breast cancer. Today, we can all help in the fight against breast cancer by volunteering, raising money to fund research and educating ourselves, our friends and families.
WABC-TV is proud to join together with our partners -- Cancer Treatment Centers of America, Tri-State Quality Ford and EmblemHealth -- to raise awareness about breast cancer, and to encourage the people of our community to join together in the fight against breast cancer.
Together, we're determined to help make breast cancer a thing of the past!
To join our team or fundraise for the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk, click here.
- Police shoot and kill man with special needs
- AccuWeather Forecast: Mild, but rain expected
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Newtown 911 calls released
- Keri Russell's Brooklyn home burglarized
- Attorney: Train engineer was 'in a daze'
- Metro-North service back 100-percent on Hudson Line
- abcnews: Truck Carrying Radioactive Material Stolen...
- Police arrest 2 in Long Island menorah vandalism
- Man dies paragliding after hitting ice
- Parents plead for help to save boys from rare disease
- Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash, autopsy finds
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013