Fatal accident on 59th Street Bridge
(New York - WABC, April 21, 2006) (WABC) -- A driver was thrown to his death when his SUV crashed while taking a sharp curve on an entrance ramp to the Queensboro Bridge in Long Island City.
Newscopter Seven was above the scene.
Police say the 25-year-old man was ejected from his white 2003 Honda Pilot when it crashed into the left wall of the Manhattan-bound ramp just before 4 a.m.
Eyewitness News has learned he was thrown 30 feet to the parking lot of the Silvercup Studios at 42-22 22nd Street, where he was pronounced dead.
Two other passengers in the SUV were taken to Elmhurst Hospital in stable condition.
Authorities closed the Thompson Avenue ramp to the upper level of the bridge to investigate the accident, causing delays.
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Teen girl shot in leg in Coney Island
- Firefighters battling Bronx car fire find body inside
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn
- Missing Malaysia plane changed course, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos