ABC7 Traffic Center
New Jersey Turnpike reopens after earlier accident between exits 7 and 7a
HAMILTON, New Jersey (WABC) -- The New Jersey Turnpike has reopened northbound between exits 7 and 7a after an earlier multi-vehicle accident closed all lanes.
Police say the accident involved a Megabus, a dump truck and one other vehicle.It happened at 9:30 a.m. Thursday several miles north of Exit 7 at mile marker 57.7 in Hamilton Township, Mercer County. Traffic was being forced to exit at Interchange 7 until just after 2 p.m.
State police say two women were trapped in a vehicle and were transfered to the hospital, and several people on the bus were complaining of back pain.
Chopper images from over the scene showed a gray dump truck, which appeared to have rear-ended the Megabus.
A blue passenger vehicle, which had sustained heavy damage, was located a short distance away.
abc7 traffic center
- Yonkers fire injures family of four 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Still Some Slick Spots! 59 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Spring Valley police to announce arrest in Baby Angel case 25 min ago
- Residents warned to look out for black ice
- Avonte's mother continues search with new headquarters
- Local 7 line service resumes after signal problems 11 min ago
- Tourist who lost leg in taxi crash sues city
- Man struck and killed by car on LIE
- Flu shots could be mandatory for NYC kids
- WestJet plays Santa to 250 lucky passengers
- Photos: 4 injured in Yonkers fire
- Photos: Viewer snow storm pictures
- AccuWeather: Still Some Slick Spots!
59 min ago