ABC7 Traffic Center
Spectacular crash on West Side Highway
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A spectacular crash temporarily closed the southbound West Side Highway in Manhattan this morning.
Newscopter-7 was live over the scene.
A northbound car apparently flipped over the guardrail and into the southbound lanes, landing on another vehicle, just before 7 a.m.
Eyewitness News is told two people were taken to St. Luke's Hospital, one in critical condition.
Southbound lanes were temporarily closed south of West 125th Street, and southbound traffic was backed up to the George Washington Bridge.
Meanwhile, one lane was closed northbound for the police investigation.
However, traffic was back to normal just before 10 a.m. this morning.
new york city, west side highway, manhattan, abc7 traffic center
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix On The Way 37 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Snow alert issued for New York City 11 min ago
- Yaphank church badly damaged by fire
- Suspect charged with assaulting cop with cane
- NJ restaurant parts ways with gay waitress
- Staten Island buyback collects nearly 100 guns 41 min ago
- Police hunt driver in deadly Queens hit and run
- South Africans pray for Mandela in day of mourning 58 min ago
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Newtown groups open week of 'acts of kindness'
- Potential major advancement made in fight against leukemia
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix On The Way
37 min ago