ABC7 Traffic Center
Crash disrupts eastbound traffic on LIE
SYOSSET (WABC) -- A milk truck blew a tire and careened into a car that had previously pulled over on the Long Island Expressway in Syosset.
Newscopter-7 was live over the scene.
The truck driver apparently lost control and crashed into a car that was pulled over in the eastbound lanes near exit 43 just before 3 a.m.
Eyewitness News is told the occupants somehow got out of the car before the crash. They were hit by flying debris but not seriously injured.
The tractor trailer, hauling milk, reportedly flipped and caught fire. It took hours for crew to clean up the debris.
Eastbound traffic was directed off the highway to the service road at the South Oyster Bay Road exit. The westbound lanes were backed up with rubbernecking.
long island expressway, accident, abc7 traffic center
- U.S. Air plane makes belly landing at Newark Airport
- AccuWeather: Warm and mild 58 min ago
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Connecticut, NTSB officials to tour train crash site 18 min ago
- 2 win Mega Millions, Powerball jumps to $600 million 18 min ago
- 5 people injured, struck by vehicles in the Bronx
- Vigil held for Hofstra shooting victim
- EXCLUSIVE: Hot oil attack speaks out after hospital release
- Bieber will have to pay for German monkey business
- Vito Lopez announces resignation from NY Assembly
- Photos: Belly landing at Newark Airport 55 min ago
- Photos: Metro North trains collide, at least 60...
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- AccuWeather: Warm and mild
58 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos