ABC7 Traffic Center
Crash disrupts eastbound traffic on LIE
SYOSSET (WABC) -- A milk truck blew a tire and careened into a car that had previously pulled over on the Long Island Expressway in Syosset.
Newscopter-7 was live over the scene.
The truck driver apparently lost control and crashed into a car that was pulled over in the eastbound lanes near exit 43 just before 3 a.m.
Eyewitness News is told the occupants somehow got out of the car before the crash. They were hit by flying debris but not seriously injured.
The tractor trailer, hauling milk, reportedly flipped and caught fire. It took hours for crew to clean up the debris.
Eastbound traffic was directed off the highway to the service road at the South Oyster Bay Road exit. The westbound lanes were backed up with rubbernecking.
long island expressway, accident, abc7 traffic center
- LI hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Crime down across New York City, except in parks
- Trial begins for New Jersey man accused of killing daughter
- NYC rape-murder cannibal conspiracy trial headed to jury 58 min ago
- Brothers plead guilty in Orthodox Jewish divorce scandal
- New Jersey bank robber caught after forgetting keys 35 min ago
- Elderly jaywalker roughed up during arrest due in court 45 min ago
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- No winner: Mega Millions jackpot surges to $353 million
- Happy Birthday! Idea that spawned internet turns 25
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos