ABC7 Traffic Center
Route 1 delays expected to last through Thursday
NORTH BRUNSWICK, N.J. (WABC) -- Workers continue to make emergency repairs to a Route 1 bridge in North Brunswick. The right northbound lane is open in the area around College Farm Road.
Motorists should expect big delays on Wednesday into Thursday in New Brunswick.
Transportation department spokesman Tim Greeley said the delays are due to a support pillar on a bridge under construction at College Farm Road shifting Tuesday afternoon.
The situation forced officials to close the northbound lanes and detour traffic onto an adjacent access road.
Construction crews will be on the scene all day Wednesday conducting a full structural evaluation of the bridge, which may be completed on Wednesday.
The northbound lanes are expected to be closed until Thursday at 8:00 p.m. because of the repairs.
Motorists who normally use Route 1 northbound are urged to seek an alternate route.
DOT said the southbound side is not impacted by the problem.
new jersey, north brunswick, abc7 traffic center
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster 31 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Malaysian plane mystery continues 21 min ago
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video
- 5 injured when car crashes into Bronx store
- Metro-North worker fatally struck by train in NYC
- 4-year closure of Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp begins
- NY-native bank robbery suspect nabbed after selfies
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports 9 min ago
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
31 min ago