ABC7 Traffic Center
Route 1 delays expected to last through Thursday
NORTH BRUNSWICK, N.J. (WABC) -- Workers continue to make emergency repairs to a Route 1 bridge in North Brunswick. The right northbound lane is open in the area around College Farm Road.
Motorists should expect big delays on Wednesday into Thursday in New Brunswick.
Transportation department spokesman Tim Greeley said the delays are due to a support pillar on a bridge under construction at College Farm Road shifting Tuesday afternoon.
The situation forced officials to close the northbound lanes and detour traffic onto an adjacent access road.
Construction crews will be on the scene all day Wednesday conducting a full structural evaluation of the bridge, which may be completed on Wednesday.
The northbound lanes are expected to be closed until Thursday at 8:00 p.m. because of the repairs.
Motorists who normally use Route 1 northbound are urged to seek an alternate route.
DOT said the southbound side is not impacted by the problem.
new jersey, north brunswick, abc7 traffic center
- U.S. Air plane makes belly landing at Newark Airport
- AccuWeather: Warm and mild
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Vito Lopez says he will resign effective Monday 48 min ago
- Official: 'Amazing' no one died in train crash 11 min ago
- Man fatally shot in head in West Village
- 2 win Mega Millions, Powerball jumps to $600 million
- Cops investigating after Hofstra student killed
- Stunning video catches Oregon pot robbery
- Video: Aimee Copeland gets prosthetic hands
- Video: Marine, dog reunited in surprise ceremony
- Photos: Belly landing at Newark Airport
- Photos: Metro North trains collide in Connecticut
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos