ABC7 Traffic Center
Storm may impact subway, bus service
NEW YORK (WABC) -- MTA is advising that some subway or bus service may be curtailed because of the winter storm.
For now, subway service is on or close to schedule.
Snow-fighting equipment has been deployed at strategic locations throughout the city if conditions deteriorate.
The following subway service changes may be in effect in the system:
Possible service changes are detailed on NYC Transit service posters, which are in subway cars and stations throughout the system.
All scheduled maintenance, repair and upgrade projects that would impact service have been canceled. Closures of stations/platforms for rehabilitation will not be affected.
For bus service, salt trucks are helping clear routes and bus stops.
The MTA equipped tires on all articulated buses and coaches with chains.
All subway and bus customers are urged to give themselves extra travel time whenever there is inclement weather.
mass transit, winter storm, snow, new york city, mta, snow storm, abc7 traffic center
- Malaysia Airlines plane vanishes with 239 aboard
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower 52 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Kindergartener leaves school unnoticed in Morrisania
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
52 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos