ABC7 Traffic Center
Horrific crash kills two on Routes 1 & 9 in NJ
LINDEN (WABC) -- Two people were killed, and several more injured, in a crash on a busy road in Linden this morning.
Newscopter-7 was live over the scene.
The two vehicles apparently collided in the northbound lanes of Routes 1 & 9 just before 4:30 a.m.
Police say a driver ran a red light and crashed into another car, at the entrance to the Bayway Refinery.
The driver, Carl Johnson of Woodbridge, was killed.
His passenger also died in the crash.
Officials say the two occupants of the second vehicle remained hospitalized at University Hospital in Newark with unknown injuries.
The northbound lanes of Routes 1 & 9 were closed, until about 8:35 a.m., at Wood Avenue for the police investigation.
linden, new jersey, accident, abc7 traffic center
- Hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- South Brunswick elderly couple robbed and scammed
- Store workers fight back during Bushwick robbery
- Fort Lee students to make up snow days
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Ferry service to resume between Haverstraw, Ossining
- Malaysia plane changed direction, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos