ABC7 Traffic Center
Horrific crash kills two on Routes 1 & 9 in NJ
LINDEN (WABC) -- Two people were killed, and several more injured, in a crash on a busy road in Linden this morning.
Newscopter-7 was live over the scene.
The two vehicles apparently collided in the northbound lanes of Routes 1 & 9 just before 4:30 a.m.
Police say a driver ran a red light and crashed into another car, at the entrance to the Bayway Refinery.
The driver, Carl Johnson of Woodbridge, was killed.
His passenger also died in the crash.
Officials say the two occupants of the second vehicle remained hospitalized at University Hospital in Newark with unknown injuries.
The northbound lanes of Routes 1 & 9 were closed, until about 8:35 a.m., at Wood Avenue for the police investigation.
linden, new jersey, accident, abc7 traffic center
- Actress Amanda Bynes arrested in Midtown 7 min ago
- Heavy rain sparks flash flooding
- AccuWeather Alert: Drenching downpours
- Eyewitness News Live
- I-5 bridge collapses into Skagit River 11 min ago
- Officer arrested in firebombing of captain's home
- Jury deadlocked on Jodi Arias penalty
- Boy attacked by another on city bus, video
- Boy Scouts to accept openly gay boys as Scouts
- Woman arrested in shooting death of Jersey City boy 50 min ago
- Anthony Weiner starts stumping in mayoral bid 55 min ago
- Rangers stay alive with OT goal against Bruins 45 min ago
- abcnews: 'Extremely Active' Potential For Hurricane...
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- Anthony Weiner starts stumping in mayoral bid
55 min ago