ABC7 Traffic Center
Metro-North New Haven line reduces schedule
NEW YORK -- Metro-North railroad is now using a reduced winter schedule on its New Haven line due to weather-related equipment shortages.
The line has been hit hard by the repeated snowstorms in the New York metropolitan area.
The railroad said previously that snow and extreme cold had left about 40 percent of its New Haven line cars out of service.
Almost 70 percent of its electric fleet is over 40 years old.
The reduced schedule is in effect through March 4. It means that weekday morning and evening peak service will be reduced about 10 percent.
Metro-North says it has been working round-the-clock to repair train cars.
Schedules are available at ticket offices and on the Metro-North web site.
mass transit, metro north, abc7 traffic center
- JFK baggage handlers charged with theft
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower 48 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx 4 min ago
- Mount Vernon responds to racist tweets by Mahopac players
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze laid to rest
- Bridget Kelly fights order to give up Bridgegate records
- Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Lonely Michigan boy gets GMA surprise party
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85 30 min ago
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
48 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos