ABC7 Traffic Center
Metro-North going 'coo coo' with text alerts
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Metro-North is going "coo-coo."
That's the name of the railroad's new text messaging service.
It delivers departure and arrival information right to your cell phone.
MTA officials will introduce the service Friday at Grand Central Station.
Just text your station-to-station request, such as Rye to Grand Central, to 266266, or "coo coo," and you'll get train schedules instantly.
The service has been in place for the Long Island Rail Road since January.
mass transit, metro north, abc7 traffic center
- 15 injured after car drives through Trader Joe's
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Railroad Administration orders Metro-North to use 2 engineers
- Train derail victim's brother speaks out about her death
- Surveillance video released in "Baby Angel" case
- abcnews: North Korea Deports US War Vet Merrill Newman
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Mandela's influence felt in New York City
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- 'Tips for Jesus' man leaves tips worth thousands
- Beltran, Yankees agree at $45M, 3 years
- Secret Sales: Diamonds, pretzels and iPhone cases