ABC7 Traffic Center
Dozens injured in Lincoln Tunnel accident
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A collision involving three buses and a motorcycle in the Lincoln Tunnel injured dozens and made a mess of the commute.
The accident happened inside the center tube of inbound tunnel just before 7:30 a.m.
The New York City Fire Department says the motorcycle rider was taken to Bellevue Hospital in critical condition. He was pinned underneath a bus and suffered a broken shoulder and broken femur.
In all, officials say 52 people suffered injuries. Fourteen people went to the hospital, but none of the injuries were considered serious.
Passengers on the bus were not seriously hurt, but were going to be checked out.
Buses and some cars began entering the south tube of the Lincoln Tunnel just after 8:00 a.m. Delays continued for hours. The center tube re-opened just after 1:00 p.m.
The accident also impacted bus commuters as service to/from Port Authority Bus Terminal was subject to hour long delays. Some buses were diverted to Secaucus Junction Rail.
NJ Transit trains cross-honored bus tickets to and from NY Penn Station Newark.
The accident remains under investigation.
new york city, lincoln tunnel, accident, abc7 traffic center
- Metro North trains collide, 60 people injured
- AccuWeather: Warm and mild 11 min ago
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 5 people injured, struck by vehicles in the Bronx
- Vigil held for Hofstra shooting victim
- EXCLUSIVE: Hot oil attack speaks out after hospital release
- Powerball jackpot jumps to $600 million
- Bieber will have to pay for German monkey business
- Woman, boyfriend found shot to death in NJ park
- Tarrytown remembers Hofstra shooting victim
- abcnews: Sole survivor of plane crash breaks silence
- Photos: Scandal Season 2 Finale
- Photos: Metro North trains collide, at least 60...
- AccuWeather: Warm and mild
11 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos