ABC7 Traffic Center
Smoking banned on Metro-North, LIRR platforms
LONG ISLAND (WABC) -- Add Metro-North and Long Island Rail Road platforms to the list of places where you can't smoke.
New York Governor Andrew Cuomo signed a law prohibiting smoking on MTA-operated outdoor ticketing, boarding and platform areas.
Smoking is already banned on outdoor New York City subway platforms.
The law takes effect 90 days from now.
New Jersey Transit also has similar bans.
mass transit, long island railroad, metro north, smoking, abc7 traffic center
- Camilla Parker Bowles' brother Mark Shand dies 47 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy & Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 'Bachelorette' Contestant dies in paragliding accident
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ shopping center
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Abandoned dog rescued and saved by SPCA in Bronxville 21 min ago
- Long Island school bus driver accused of selling heroin
- Cubs celebrate 100th birthday of Wrigley Field 32 min ago
- New clue in search for Brooklyn carjacking suspect
- Attempted luring incident reported in West Nyack
- Hoax sends SWAT teams rushing to Long Beach house
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos