ABC7 Traffic Center
NJ bridge deemed safe, Route 9 reopens
HOWELL TWP., NJ (WABC) -- Authorities have inspected a bridge, deemed it safe and reopened a section of Route 9 in Howell Township, New Jersey.
New Jersey State Dive Teams were called to inspect the bridge because it may have been undermined by the flooding.
Route 9 was closed from Strickland Road to Bergerville Road.
The northbound side reopened at 11:30 a.m., and the southbound side at noon.
new jersey, howell township, flooding, abc7 traffic center
- Over 75 injured in London theatre roof collapse 32 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Secret Sales: Last minute holiday gifts
- Bus accident on Route 3 in Clifton
- Photos: Injuries reported in Clifton, NJ bus accident
- Tax trouble for taxi tycoon?
- City Council passes plastic foam, e-cigarette bills
- 4 juveniles charges in possible knockout attacks
- Human error contributed in delay of Ariel Russo 911 response
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach
- Consumer Reports: Nasty Chicken
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos