ABC7 Traffic Center
Smoking ban to take effect on LIRR, Metro-North platforms
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A smoking ban may be coming to a train platform near you.
On Wednesday, the MTA board voted to implement the new state law banning smoking on all outdoor train ticketing, boarding or platform areas.
The ban goes into effect on November 13 for both the Long Island Rail Road and Metro-North.
Do you have something to add to this story? Click here to contact Eyewitness News.
mass transit, mta, metro north, long island railroad, abc7 traffic center
- Malaysia Airlines says plane went missing 7 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD 53 min ago
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze laid to rest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Bridget Kelly fights order to give up Bridgegate records
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos