ABC7 Traffic Center
Smoking ban to take effect on LIRR, Metro-North platforms
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A smoking ban may be coming to a train platform near you.
On Wednesday, the MTA board voted to implement the new state law banning smoking on all outdoor train ticketing, boarding or platform areas.
The ban goes into effect on November 13 for both the Long Island Rail Road and Metro-North.
Do you have something to add to this story? Click here to contact Eyewitness News.
mass transit, mta, metro north, long island railroad, abc7 traffic center
- Secret Service investigating Target data breach
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx
- U.S. Attorney defends arrest of Indian diplomat
- Murder-suicide shooting at NJ nail salon 58 min ago
- Next City Council Speaker likely Melissa Mark-Viverito
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- O' Christmas tree, you're alive?! Student scares school
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos