ABC7 Traffic Center
Extra LIRR trains planned for Yom Kippur
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The Long Island Rail Road is adding trains to accommodate passengers observing Yom Kippur.
The railroad says nine extra trains will begin running from Penn Station Friday afternoon.
The Babylon and Port Jefferson branches will have three extra trains.
There will be two additional trains on the Port Washington branch and one on the Far Rockaway branch.
LIRR also will be replacing trains with buses on the Far Rockaway branch from 6:16 p.m. Saturday until 12:05 a.m. Monday. That's because they will doing some track work between Far Rockaway and Valley Stream.
More information available at mta.info/lirr.
Yom Kippur, the Day of Atonement, begins at sundown Friday.
mass transit, long island railroad, abc7 traffic center
- Bronx fire leaves 2 dead, 3 firefighters hurt 29 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives 47 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- City Council passes plastic foam, e-cigarette bills
- Over 75 injured in London theatre roof collapse
- 4 injured, including child in Bronx fire
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach
- String of carjackings in Elizabeth
- Triple stabbing at Stamford High School
- Tax trouble for taxi tycoon?
- Photos: Injuries reported in Clifton, NJ bus accident
- Consumer Reports: Nasty Chicken
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx 29 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
47 min ago