ABC7 Traffic Center
NJ Transit rail riders not happy
NEWARK, NJ -- Customers on NJ Transit trains are not happy commuters. The agency's second customer satisfaction survey shows rail passengers giving an overall grade of 4.2 out of 10. That's down from 4.5 in April.
The survey was conducted in August, when a derailment outside New York Penn Station delayed riders. Handling service disruptions was the biggest gripe. NJ Transit officials are working on ways to get information to train crews so they can pass it on to passengers during delays.
Bus riders gave a score of 5.6, up one-tenth of one percentage point. Some 68 percent of those surveyed said they would recommend NJ Transit to a friend or relative.
new jersey transit, new jersey, mass transit, subway, bus, abc7 traffic center
- 2 killed in motorcycle accident in Queens 4 min ago
- AccuWeather: Record Warmth
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies
- LI burglary foiled by man watching on webcam in China
- GWB repair work will close upper level lanes
- Long Island driver charged with DWI in hit and run
- Target offers discount, free credit monitoring after data breach
- Pan Am 103 bombing anniversary marked by memorials
- Knicks lose to Grizzlies, 95-87
- Video: Holiday shoppers enjoying warm weather
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall