ABC7 Traffic Center
AM commute slowed after No. 6 train derails
LOWER MANHATTAN (WABC) -- Commuters dealt with delays into the afternoon on the 4, 5 and 6 trains after three cars derailed at the Brooklyn Bridge-City Hall station.
None of the 19 passengers on board the train were injured.
A rescue train was sent to get the passengers out of the subway tunnel.
The cause of the derailment is under investigation.
Number 4, 5 and 6 train service was subject to extensive disruption as authorities worked to repair the damage.
Train service resumed shortly before noon, but delays continued into the afternoon.
mass transit, subway, lower manhattan, abc7 traffic center
- Designer L'Wren Scott dead in apparent suicide 4 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold Afternoon
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- St. Pat's parade proceeds amid tension over gays
- Shelton teen critical after being shot in head
- Cop shoots pit bull in Bronx apartment building
- 5-year-old struck and killed in Brooklyn
- Rubble cleared, East Harlem blast investigation ramps up
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Crimea parliament declares independence after vote
- Los Angeles earthquake felt by residents
- Photos: Dancing With The Stars Season 18 cast
- Photos: 2014 NYC Half Marathon