ABC7 Traffic Center
AM commute slowed after No. 6 train derails
LOWER MANHATTAN (WABC) -- Commuters dealt with delays into the afternoon on the 4, 5 and 6 trains after three cars derailed at the Brooklyn Bridge-City Hall station.
None of the 19 passengers on board the train were injured.
A rescue train was sent to get the passengers out of the subway tunnel.
The cause of the derailment is under investigation.
Number 4, 5 and 6 train service was subject to extensive disruption as authorities worked to repair the damage.
Train service resumed shortly before noon, but delays continued into the afternoon.
mass transit, subway, lower manhattan, abc7 traffic center
- Newtown 911 calls released
- AccuWeather Forecast: Mild Week
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Attorney: Train engineer was 'in a daze'
- Derailment survivor remembers sister who died
- Mayor-elect de Blasio names deputy mayor
- Police shoot and kill man with special needs
- Keri Russell's Brooklyn home burglarized 14 min ago
- abcnews: Truck Carrying Radioactive Material Stolen...
- Parents plead for help to save boys from rare disease
- Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash, autopsy finds
- Bad Dog: Sunny knocks over child at holiday party
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013