ABC7 Traffic Center
Motorist killed when NJ Transit train, car collide
BELMAR, N.J. (WABC) -- New Jersey Transit says a motorist was killed when their vehicle collided with a North Jersey Coast Line train at a crossing in central Jersey.
NJ Transit Spokesman John Durso Jr. says the accident occurred around 11:15 a.m. Sunday in the area of Eighth Avenue in Belmar.
The motorist - whose name was not immediately available - was pronounced dead at the scene. Durso said no one on the train was injured in the accident, though it wasn't immediately known how many passengers were aboard. They were later put on buses to complete their journey.
The cause of the accident remains under investigation by NJ Transit police.
mass transit, new jersey transit, abc7 traffic center
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Car dealer charged after selling Sandy-damaged vehicles
- NJ Transit train disabled inside Hudson River tunnel
- Surveillance released in shooting of 9-year-old boy
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx
- Prosecutors likely to reduce charges in SUV assault
- Video: Two US astronauts set to spacewalk to fix ISS
- GWB repair work this weekend
- Father in Army reunites with son in kindergarten class
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos