ABC7 Traffic Center
Motorist killed when NJ Transit train, car collide
BELMAR, N.J. (WABC) -- New Jersey Transit says a motorist was killed when their vehicle collided with a North Jersey Coast Line train at a crossing in central Jersey.
NJ Transit Spokesman John Durso Jr. says the accident occurred around 11:15 a.m. Sunday in the area of Eighth Avenue in Belmar.
The motorist - whose name was not immediately available - was pronounced dead at the scene. Durso said no one on the train was injured in the accident, though it wasn't immediately known how many passengers were aboard. They were later put on buses to complete their journey.
The cause of the accident remains under investigation by NJ Transit police.
mass transit, new jersey transit, abc7 traffic center
- Amanda Bynes released after court appearance 1 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain continues
- Eyewitness News Live
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Teen heading to prom dies in car accident
- 2nd murder conviction in death of cop Peter Figoski 3 min ago
- 'Unusual condition' seen before Metro North crash 45 min ago
- 3 hurt when I-5 bridge collapses into Wash. river 29 min ago
- 2 men arrested in after incident with Pakistan plane
- Jersey shore reopens for 1st post-Sandy summer
- abcnews: Hurricane season could be 'extremely active'
- Photos: Circle 7 at GMA's Summer Concert Series
- Photos: I-5 Skagit River Bridge collapse
- Photos: Flash flooding in the New York area
- 3 hurt when I-5 bridge collapses into Wash....
29 min ago
- Lingering flood waters create commuting...
34 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos