ABC7 Traffic Center
MTA launches new bus service
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The MTA is launching a new plan to get cross-town buses moving along 34th Street.
Select buses are now rolling cross town meaning commuters can pay their fare before boarding.
Officials believe this is an important step because 35 percent of the M34's travel time is wasted by buses idling and riders putting their metro cards in the fare box one at a time.
mta, mass transit, new york city transit, subway, bus, abc7 traffic center
- 5-year-old struck and killed in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: Snow For Some
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Guinness drops sponsorship of St. Patrick's Parade
- Brooklyn fire leaves 2 children critically hurt
- East Harlem investigation focuses on basement
- Church services to remember East Harlem victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Mahopac HS basketball coach resigns after racism allegations
- Kenya's Geoffrey Mutai wins 2014 NYC Half
- Florida overall No. 1 seed for NCAA tournament
- Final words from Malaysia jet came after systems shutdown
- Oprah to sell Harpo Studios in Chicago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos