ABC7 Traffic Center
MTA launches new bus service
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The MTA is launching a new plan to get cross-town buses moving along 34th Street.
Select buses are now rolling cross town meaning commuters can pay their fare before boarding.
Officials believe this is an important step because 35 percent of the M34's travel time is wasted by buses idling and riders putting their metro cards in the fare box one at a time.
mta, mass transit, new york city transit, subway, bus, abc7 traffic center
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- weather: AccuTrack Interactive Radar
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Driver arrested after teens get drunk, trash party bus
- Photos: Teenagers trash party bus
- Photos released of man wanted for harassing teen Muslim girl
- NYPD to end Muslim surveillance program
- MLB marks 67th anniversary of Jackie Robinson debut
- Miley Cyrus skips concert, is hospitalized
- Boston marks 1 year since deadly Marathon bombings
- Dog saved from burning home in Brooklyn by FDNY
- 13-year-old bystander shot in head in Brooklyn
- Baby found in Victoria's Secret bag died of asphyxia
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos