ABC7 Traffic Center
East Side subway back to normal after repairs
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Subway riders on the East Side are happy to be returning to normal overnight service after the final night of "Fastrack" construction on the Lexington Aveneu line.
Service on the the 4, 5 and 6 lines was suspended between Grand Central and Atlantic Avenue in Brooklyn from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. all week long.
It was part of the MTA's Fastrack program, in which hundreds of workers tackle an entire project in a short amount of time.
The tracks reopened Friday morning.
The next Fastrack affects the 7th Avenue 1, 2 and 3 lines February 13 through February 17.
Work on the 6th Avenue B, D and F lines occurs February 27 through March 2.
Then, the 8th Avenue A, C and E lines will be shut down March 12 through March 16.
For more information please visit: http://www.mta.info/nyct/service/fastrack.htm
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
mass transit, mta, subway work, abc7 traffic center
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash 5 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer 55 min ago
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park 46 min ago
- Missing autistic boy found in Brooklyn
- Employees terrorized; car parts stolen in Elizabeth store
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland 34 min ago
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- South Korea ferry captain arrested; death toll at 32 41 min ago
- Student suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
5 min ago