ABC7 Traffic Center
I-95 moving after crash snarls morning commute
NEW JERSEY (WABC) -- A tractor-trailer carrying coffee beans overturned and caught fire on the New Jersey Turnpike early Wednesday.
The accident happened around 5:15 a.m. in the northbound express lanes at the interchange with Route 80. The crash created heavy delays in getting to the George Washington Bridge.
Two minor injuries were reported.
All traffic was diverted to the local lanes and the lower level of the bridge, where another accident was reported around 6:30 a.m. The truck was moved off the road and the lanes reopened around 7:15 a.m., but major delays plagued the morning commute.
The pair of accidents created a 1-2 punch that backed up traffic for miles.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, new jersey turnpike, accident, george washington bridge, abc7 traffic center
- Woman shot to death in Queens domestic dispute 17 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash 27 min ago
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery 55 min ago
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
- Missing autistic boy found in Brooklyn
- NYPD policy revised; officers should take stairs in fire
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- South Korea ferry captain arrested; death toll at 32
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
27 min ago