ABC7 Traffic Center
I-95 moving after crash snarls morning commute
NEW JERSEY (WABC) -- A tractor-trailer carrying coffee beans overturned and caught fire on the New Jersey Turnpike early Wednesday.
The accident happened around 5:15 a.m. in the northbound express lanes at the interchange with Route 80. The crash created heavy delays in getting to the George Washington Bridge.
Two minor injuries were reported.
All traffic was diverted to the local lanes and the lower level of the bridge, where another accident was reported around 6:30 a.m. The truck was moved off the road and the lanes reopened around 7:15 a.m., but major delays plagued the morning commute.
The pair of accidents created a 1-2 punch that backed up traffic for miles.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, new jersey turnpike, accident, george washington bridge, abc7 traffic center
- Gunman dead in shooting at Colorado high school 34 min ago
- AccuWeather: Winter storm Saturday 34 min ago
- 7 On Your Side gets back $1-million dollars in 2013
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- New York City issues snow alert 5 min ago
- Man in custody after incident at Chelsea school 11 min ago
- Baruch College student died from head injuries, coroner says
- Mom of Newtown victim recalls that painful day 16 min ago
- Police searching for missing Rider U student
- Newtown victims to be remembered Saturday
- Photos: Photos of the Newtown school shooting victims
- Kansas man arrested in car bomb plot at airport
- 2,500 Fordham University applicants misled by email 3 min ago
- Mega Millions rises to $425M for Friday drawing
- AccuWeather: Winter storm Saturday
34 min ago