ABC7 Traffic Center
I-95 moving after crash snarls morning commute
NEW JERSEY (WABC) -- A tractor-trailer carrying coffee beans overturned and caught fire on the New Jersey Turnpike early Wednesday.
The accident happened around 5:15 a.m. in the northbound express lanes at the interchange with Route 80. The crash created heavy delays in getting to the George Washington Bridge.
Two minor injuries were reported.
All traffic was diverted to the local lanes and the lower level of the bridge, where another accident was reported around 6:30 a.m. The truck was moved off the road and the lanes reopened around 7:15 a.m., but major delays plagued the morning commute.
The pair of accidents created a 1-2 punch that backed up traffic for miles.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, new jersey turnpike, accident, george washington bridge, abc7 traffic center
- Dozens killed in Oklahoma tornado
- Where is Charles Butler?
- Investigation follows police shooting of student
- Metro North New Haven Line to be back Wednesday
- Rally held after West Village hate crime murder
- Worker injured after forklift swallowed by sinkhole
- blog: Desiree Hartsock on being 'The Bachelorette'
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- Photos: Lee Goldberg explains Oklahoma's tornado...
- blog: Mirror Ball Blog: Dancing with the Stars
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers