ABC7 Traffic Center
I-95 moving after crash snarls morning commute
NEW JERSEY (WABC) -- A tractor-trailer carrying coffee beans overturned and caught fire on the New Jersey Turnpike early Wednesday.
The accident happened around 5:15 a.m. in the northbound express lanes at the interchange with Route 80. The crash created heavy delays in getting to the George Washington Bridge.
Two minor injuries were reported.
All traffic was diverted to the local lanes and the lower level of the bridge, where another accident was reported around 6:30 a.m. The truck was moved off the road and the lanes reopened around 7:15 a.m., but major delays plagued the morning commute.
The pair of accidents created a 1-2 punch that backed up traffic for miles.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, new jersey turnpike, accident, george washington bridge, abc7 traffic center
- NJ woman charged in butt injection death 42 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather whiplash
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Firefighters battling Bronx car fire find body inside
- New measles cases confirmed in New York City 25 min ago
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 2
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn
- Man with stolen passport on jet was asylum seeker
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Burger King baby seeks birth mom
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos