ABC7 Traffic Center
'FastTrack' subway repairs resume Monday
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The MTA's bold subway repair plan "FastTrack" resumes this coming Monday.
The MTA will knock out a lot of projects, from track maintenance to spot painting to power washing. They will also be repairing wall tiles, platforms and lighting. They are calling the series of repairs "Fasttrack," and they hope that straphangers will just grit their teeth and bear it.
The 1, 2 and 3 lines from 34th Street to Atlantic Avenue will close overnight from 10 p.m. until 5 a.m. Monday, February 13 to Friday, February 17.
The MTA says this will allow crews to safely and quickly handle more than 300 repair jobs along 27 miles of track. But it will add at least 20 minutes to the average ride.
The Sixth Avenue line, parts of the B, D, F and M from 59th Street to 4th Street, will be under repair in late February.
And the A, C and E lines will have overnight work in mid-March from 59th Street to Jay Street.
There will be conductors and traffic checkers at subway stations Monday to answer commuters' questions.
For more information please visit: http://www.mta.info/nyct/service/fastrack.htm
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
mass transit, mta, subway work, abc7 traffic center
- East Harlem debris cleared in search for cause
- Photos: Accuweather maps for possible Monday snow
- AccuWeather: Cold Sunday 10 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Mayor names Kathryn Garcia new head of sanitation
- Out of control bus hits cars in Brooklyn; 5 hurt
- Photos: Bus hits cars in Brooklyn
- Man, 65, shot to death on street in Clinton Hill
- Widow of Short Hills mall carjacking victim files suit 46 min ago
- Firefighters respond to brush fire near JFK 14 min ago
- LI hospital flooded with phone calls after insulin scare
- Malaysian leader: Plane's system deliberately disabled 31 min ago
- Malaysian leader: Plane's system...
31 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold Sunday
10 min ago