ABC7 Traffic Center
Gas prices head higher in New Jersey
RIDGEFIELD, NJ (WABC) -- More pain at the pump as gas prices are rising again in New Jersey.
Gas prices are jumping seven cents on Friday for drivers who fill up on the New Jersey Turnpike and the Garden State Parkway.
The average price in New Jersey is $3.61 a gallon, which is the lowest among the three states. In New York, it's $3.97 a gallon and in Connecticut, it's $3.98.
New York Senator Charles Schumer is one of two senators pushing for a quick resolution of a federal investigation into whether there is gas price fixing through oil refineries.
The Federal Trade Commission has been investigating since last year whether gas prices have been kept artificially high.
Schumer and Claire McCaskill of Missouri are pushing to wrap up the probe as gas prices rise steeply nationwide.
The Democrats say that action could be taken to reduce prices if there is evidence refineries are keeping gas prices high without reason other than profit.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
gas prices, travel, abc7 traffic center
- Guinness drops St. Pat's Day parade sponsorship
- AccuWeather: Snow for some
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Cop shoots pit bull in Bronx apartment building
- 5-year-old struck and killed in Brooklyn 18 min ago
- Rubble cleared, East Harlem blast investigation ramps up
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Photos: Victims of East Harlem Explosion
- Australia, Kazakhstan join search for missing plane
- Crimea parliament declares independence after vote 49 min ago
- Russian media warns of turning US into 'radioactive dust' 49 min ago
- Kenya's Geoffrey Mutai wins 2014 NYC Half
- Photos: 2014 NYC Half Marathon