ABC7 Traffic Center
Gas prices rise again
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Motorists continue to see higher prices at the pumps in our area.
AAA Mid-Atlantic says the average price of regular gasoline in New Jersey is $3.62, up 6 cents from last week. That's also much higher than it was a year ago, when motorists were paying $3.26.
Meanwhile, the national average price rose 11 cents and is now $3.76. That's also much higher than the national average from a year ago, which was $3.43.
The price boost marks the thirteenth straight week that gas prices have risen in New Jersey.
Analysts say the rising prices are mostly due to tensions in the Middle East, rising crude oil prices and market speculation, along with signs of an improving U.S. economy.
The average price in New York state is $3.98.
It's $3.99 in Connecticut.
(The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
gas prices, travel, abc7 traffic center
- Joe Torre's daughter catches child from awning
- AccuWeather Forecast: More sunshine
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Teacher charged with rape of student in the Bronx
- Leonia firehouse reopens after sex assault 9 min ago
- At least 6 hurt when car jumps curb in East Village
- UFT endorses Thompson for NYC mayor
- TWA Flight 800 crash investigators want new probe 54 min ago
- Woman allegedly kicks police dog in teeth
- American Medical Association calling obesity a disease
- Men's Warehouse fires founder/spokesman George Zimmer
- Natura recalls all brands of dry pet food
- Photos: Most endangered historic places
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos