ABC7 Traffic Center
Computer problem impacting LIRR ticketing
LONG ISLAND (WABC) -- The LIRR is reporting a computer network power problem that is impacting commuters who want to pay with credit cards.
While train service is operating normally, LIRR ticketing machines at stations are only accepting cash sales.
The problem is also affecting LIRR's Travel Information Center and the schedules and fares page on its website.
LIRR says it is working to fix the problem and restore these services as soon as possible.
Customers can still call the TIC for travel information.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
mass transit, long island railroad, abc7 traffic center
- AccuWeather Alert: Stormy day 8 min ago
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- UK: Victim in London attack was serving soldier
- West Point soldier charged with videotaping women
- Truck driver helps catch hit-and-run suspect in Queens
- Oklahoma residents begin hard recovery after tornado
- Anthony Weiner to court voters in Harlem Thursday
- Jersey City boy killed outside home to be laid to rest
- Queens businessman kidnapped and tortured
- Operation Swill: cheap booze in premium liquor bottles
- Photos: Accuweather forecast in pictures
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- AccuWeather Alert: Stormy day
8 min ago