ABC7 Traffic Center
Computer problem impacting LIRR ticketing
LONG ISLAND (WABC) -- The LIRR is reporting a computer network power problem that is impacting commuters who want to pay with credit cards.
While train service is operating normally, LIRR ticketing machines at stations are only accepting cash sales.
The problem is also affecting LIRR's Travel Information Center and the schedules and fares page on its website.
LIRR says it is working to fix the problem and restore these services as soon as possible.
Customers can still call the TIC for travel information.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
mass transit, long island railroad, abc7 traffic center
- AccuWeather: Record Warmth 5 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- 2 killed in motorcycle accident in Queens
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies
- Biker killed in Bronx collision
- LI burglary foiled by man watching on webcam in China
- Long Island driver charged with DWI in hit and run
- Target offers discount, free credit monitoring after data breach
- Knicks lose to Grizzlies, 95-87
- Video: Holiday shoppers enjoying warm weather
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall
- AccuWeather: Record Warmth
5 min ago